6.01.2011

Noshing in Nashville: My 5 favorite food spots (part 1 of 2)

3.) Family Wash

I can be a little neurotic about planning to say the least. I like to know what places I'd like to try before I get there, that said, I'm also totally fine when things don't go as planned.
I headed to the East Side of town on Friday night expecting to eat at Silly Goose, when I got there I realized they were closed for renovations. I remembered from last trip peeking into a crowded bar called the Family Wash that had a really fun atmosphere, at the very least I figured I get a pint of Flat Tire and listen to some live local music. I was surprised to find a Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie filled with: lentils, roasted garlic and vegetables smothered in mashed potatoes topped with plenty of extra-sharp cheddar cheese. Family Wash had just the type of home-style food I was looking for!




4.) Sky Blue Cafe in East Nashville


I love breakfast. I especially love it when I can get about all of my favorite breakfast foods on one plate.

Pictured above is: Stuffed French Toast, with bacon, eggs and pancakes to top! (They also do it in Nutella with banana.)


5.) Local Taco

Taco wise it kind of reminded me of our "local tacos" Big Truck Tacos, but with really amazing cocktails. (Which was pretty perfect after my delayed flight to Nashville.)

Pictured above is: Dos Flores Margarita - A tasty Hibiscus infused drink that comes with it's own flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment